Friday, 28 February 2014

Online e-book sales to be launched in April

Online sale of Myanmar e-books will be launched on April 1, according to the Myanmar Publishers and Distributors Association.

“The main weakness of the publishers is that we didn’t keep a softcopy after publishing a book. That’s why we have to do everything from the start again after signing with JAS e-Book to launch the online sale programme,” said Myo Aung, chairperson of the Myanmar Publishers and Distributors Association.

The Online Myanmar Bookshop covers various sections including novels, poems, comedy, school textbooks, health, cooking, beauty, and agriculture. Each e-book will only cost between Ks 100 to 200 and can be downloaded within a few minutes, according to the chairman.

Currently, pirated Myanmar e-books are available on the internet. However, these e-books infringe the copyright of Myanmar authors and publishers so they have decided to work together with JAS to compel readers to respect copyright.

The Myanmar Publishers and Distributors Association signed the contract with JAS Phone on February 10 to launch the online sale programme. The publishers and authors will receive 80 percent of the profit while JAS gets the remaining 20 percent.

Android mobile phone users can download the JAS e-Book application from the company’s website www.jas.com.mm.

source: Eleven Myanmar
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...